I’ve (sadly) had to steer clear of pancakes for breakfast because they make me feel sluggish for some reason… actually I’m noticing that a lot of “starchy” foods like rice, bread, and pasta makes me feel all slow-mo (but this is for another post). Certainly not how I want to start my mornings!
Sooo… I was absolutely THRILLED to give this recipe a spin! I mean, c’mon… oats, bananas, chia seeds, and almond milk? These are ingredients my body associates with yumminess and energy boost! This baby is super easy to make, healthy, vegan (fyi – I’m faaaar from being a vegan and even I love this stuff!), and incredibly YUMMY!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used almond/cashew milk... omg yum!)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large/4 small ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Put all items into a large bowl and blend. (I actually threw them all into my blender!)
- Lightly oil your non-stick pan and spread with paper towel. Heat on low-medium.
- Pour/scoop a small amount of batter onto pan. Pancakes should be small and thick.
- Cover pan. When the top-side of the pancake begins to bubble, flip!
- Let the other side cook. Peek at the underside after a minute. When it’s nice and brown, your pancake is ready!
- Top with fruit, nuts, syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar... whatever you choose! (I used sliced bananas, walnuts, chocolate, and drizzled with caramel sauce!)
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!