JRoc and I’ve been trying to get a hang of our new work/school schedule… and sadly, I’ve been neglecting playing in the kitchen (explains why I’ve been so moody!!) 🙁
Anyway, I spotted a few ingredients in our pantry that I haven’t used in a while. Cans of coconut milk, a container of glutinous rice, and a bag of brown sugar… when put together properly, results in “Biko”… a scrumptious Filipino sweet rice dessert!
top l: glutinous rice, top r: brown sugar,
bottom: coconut milk
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine the rice and water in a rice cooker (or a pot on stove) and cook until the rice is ready.
2. Combine coconut milk, brown sugar, and salt in a separate pot and cook over low heat until it thickens. Stir constantly.
3. Once the rice is cooked and the coconut milk mixture is thick, add the cooked rice in the coconut milk mixture then mix well.
4. Continue cooking until all the liquid evaporates (careful not to overcook).
5. Spread the cooked biko in a serving dish.
Sarap (that’s Tagalog for “DELICIOUS”)!!