What do you get when you put sharp cheddar cheese, Hormel Black Label Bacon, and puff pastry? This…
Good lawdy! This stuff is CRAZY good! So flaky, buttery, and bacon-y! Good news is, I’m going to show you exactly how to make it yourself!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 pieces of bacon sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Open one sheet of puff pastry on a cutting board and brush lightly with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle surface with 1/2 cup of cheese to evenly cover entire surface.
- Dust rolling pin lightly with flour and roll over the cheese to gently press into the puff pastry.
- Cut the puff pastry into long 1/2-inch wide strips. Take each strip, fold in half, pinch the ends together, and carefully twist each strip several times.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the twisted pastry and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry and bacon.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a pie plate and carefully dip each bacon wrapped pastry in the sugar mixture, one at a time. Place each twist back on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining twists.
- Bake the twist for 30 to 50 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Once the bacon is cooked, remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.