This is the first “healthy” baking I’ve done in my life!!! Like do “healthy” cupcakes even exist? Apparently, YES! And it’s mighty delicious too!
I got this recipe weeks – even months ago, from my wonderfully health-conscious BFF (we all need someone like that in our lives, right?) and I finally got around to trying it out. I have no idea why I waited so long (well I do, but who wants to admit to… healthy = uninspiring?) because these babies are insanely NUMMY!
- 1 1/2 cups (heaping) shredded carrots (or 1 14.5oz can carrots)
- 1 cup all-natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, raw honey, or 1/4 cup of stevia (I used maple syrup)
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use cupcake liners.
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts, until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them - don't over-bake!