This is such an easy recipe… I make this whenever strawberries are in season. Soooo yummy!
Prep Time: 30/Mins
Total Time: 2/Hrs 30/Mins
Makes: 8 servings
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
6 cups fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups whipped topping
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely… about 30 minutes.
- Wash and hull strawberries; drain well on paper towels.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until glaze mixture is thickened and clear. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract. Cool 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, gently mix strawberries and glaze mixture. Spoon berry mixture evenly into cooled baked shell.
- Spoon whipped topping evenly over berries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberry halves. Store in refrigerator.