I’ve mentioned at least once before that mushrooms used to frighten me. Like literally SCARE me! I can visualize them crawling around the kitchen counter on their own. /Random Carmen-Trivia. You’re welcome.
Fascinating trivia aside, these quinoa and cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms are DA BOMB DOT COM! It’s our favorite Portobello Mushroom recipe so far! The recipe makes four stuffed mushrooms, but the photo above shows only three… we sorta “taste tested” one as soon as I took them out of the oven. #yummeh
Let me tell ya… the mushrooms are so meaty… the ricotta coated quinoa, spinach, and sundried tomatoes makes a very creamy and flavorful filling… and the parmesan topping – OhhhEmmmGeee! Both J and I are fans… easy to make and leaves our tastebuds and tummies sooo freakin’ happy!
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, caps & gills removed (You can keep the gills in, but I noticed they stain... so I took em out. Plus removing them leaves more room for the filling!)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add quinoa and water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave quinoa on stovetop for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, place mushrooms, open-side up, on prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook for approximately 10 mins, or until mushrooms are tender. Drain excess water and return caps on pan, open-side up.
- Mix ricotta, spinach, tomatoes, ¼ cup Parmesan, garlic, Italian seasoning and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add ricotta mixture into pot of cooked quinoa and combine.
- Spoon a generous amount of the quinoa filling into each mushroom cap and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Bake at 450°F for about 10 minutes or until hot.
|Mmmm… Try this recipe?|
Tag @thegirlplusfood on Instagram
with hashtag #thegirlplusfood